in turning ideas into marketable data. Exprienced in team creation
and credited with the establishment of FactSet offices worlfwide,
David is an life-long industry leading expert at data creation.
I have 35+ years’ experience in the financial community, half creating corporate libraries and half managing & organizing proprietary research databases. I have managed over 325 people across the globe. Most of my career has been spent developing strategies for the execution of enhancing information for our clientele.
- Offshore outsourcing
- Corporate research
- Financial research Metadata
- Big data
- Project management
- Database management
- Market data
- Data analysis
Vice President and Director
- Grew Tuscaloosa research staff from 2 to 28
- Created North American buy- and sell side contact database
- Expanded entity database from 50K to 8 million
- Created muni bond db, sanctions db, specialty sector (banking, public utilities, telecom/media databases; founded third-party mapping group
- Oversaw outsourcing of data collection to India & Philippines; managed 325 employees
- Merged two industry classification teams, saving budget dollars
- Led data quality teams
- Helped found Hyderabad and Manila offices
- Work included database consulting and editing, writing profiles of investment management firms, writing articles on various financial topics, database design, and internet searching. Annotated and indexed web pages.
- Led testing for client combining four separate databases and migrating them to Oracle platform.
- Clients included Thomson Financial, FactSet Research, ExpressCompany.com, and WorldlyInvestor.com.
Responsible for global research efforts for proprietary databases marketed to institutional investment community, corporate investor relations departments, and business-to-business marketers. Non-salary budget over $1 million. Supervised staff of 16 in New York, 1 in Tokyo, 4 in London.
Assistant Vice President
- Created and managed information center for municipal bond insurance firm. Department included corporate records, micrographics, legal, and corporate libraries, with 6 full-time employees and non-salary budget of $830,000. Performed all on-line searching for company.
- Created in-house database demographic files. Set up CD-Rom network company-wide.
- Edited weekly newsletter of current relevant articles.
- Expanded physical space.